Doing Business in India
Why to invest in India
There are several good reasons for investing in India.
- One of the largest economies in the world.
- Strategic location - access to the vast domestic and South Asian market.
- A large and rapidly growing consumer market up to 300 million people, constitute the market for branded consumer goods - estimated to be growing at 8% per annum. Demand for several consumer products is growing at over 12% per annum.
- Foreign investment is welcome; approval is required but is automatic in sixty categories of Industries.
- Skilled man-power and professional managers are available at competitive cost.
- One of the largest manufacturing sectors in the world, spanning almost all areas of manufacturing activities.
- One of the largest pools of scientists, engineers, technicians and managers in the world.
- Rich base of mineral and agricultural resources.
- Long history of market economy infrastructure
- Sophisticated financial sector.
- Well developed R&D infrastructure and technical and marketing services.
- Policy environment that provides freedom of entry, investment, location, choice of technology, production, import and export.
- Well balanced package of fiscal incentives.
- A sophisticated legal and accounting system.
- English is widely spoken and understood.
- Rupee is convertible on Current Account at market determined rate.
- Free and full repatriation of capital, technical fee, royalty and dividends.
- Foreign brand names are freely used. No income tax on profits derived from export of goods.
- Complete exemption from Customs Duty on industrial inputs and Corporate Tax Holiday for five years for 100 per cent Export Oriented units and units in Export Processing Zones.
- Corporate Tax applicable to the foreign companies of a country, with which agreement for avoidance of Double Taxation exists, can be one which is lower between the rates prevailing in any one of the two countries and the treaty rate
- .A long history of stable parliamentary democracy.